Sunday, July 26, 2009

Webcam

Thanks to Bob, I actually managed to hook up a web cam and use it to talk with him in AZ! How totally cool. I signed up on Windows Live Messenger to IM with him and Debbie. Last week he came on with his web cam - I could see and hear him but he couldn't see or hear me. I was just typing my responses. Naturally, that simply wouldn't do. I purchased a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. A little more spendy than some of them but definitely worth it - you really can't see my wrinkles! (very good marketing on Logitech's part) Other than that, the picture is clear and the sound is terrific. It is an auto focus with a low light option so is just perfect. The instructions are very good and it didn't take long to set it up - the only problem I had was getting the audio to play. It took me some time to find the place where I could set up and test the audio but it went quickly once I found it. Live Messenger has an option on it's IM to engage the web cams and that is what we did. Thanks Bob! I didn't grab a picture of our actual chat page but I will this afternoon. The web cam lets me take pictures of whatever it is looking at so I took pictures of me! And here I am........

Wish I would have straightened out the stuff in the background! I know my mother will see this. It wasn't me, Mom, it was Dan!
Come on, Rocky - turn around! We are on TV!

There we go - I called it good at that point and went to bed.
OK, Karen --- have you got Live Messenger downloaded, yet? You are next!

No comments: